Thursday, April 9, 2009

Update- April 9th 2009

Penny's Eye Problem
I have been trying to clean the mucus out of Penny's eyes (started around April 1st), and until today it seems like it has been helping, and she has seemed a little more comfortable. I am not sure why but today they seem to have much more mucus than the past few days. I have also started to notice that the skin around her eyes seem to be slightly red and a little irritated. It seems as if she has been rubbing her eyes some even though I have not noticed her doing so. I am hoping that this is just today and maybe tomorrow she will be a little better. It seems as if her condition can change suddenly in either direction (for the better or worse) from day to day.


Penny's Eating Problem
Today I tried taking a video of Penny's strange eating habits that she has developed, but she seemed to have a lot easier time eating today. I am not sure, but it seemed as if it was because she was focused on the camera. Before today every piece of food would end up on the floor and she seemed to struggle to get it to stay in her mouth to swallow. When she was done eating there would be tiny pieces of food all over the floor. She started this on I believe March 23th, about 2 1/2 ago. I am hoping that I am just getting worried about nothing an something in her mouth is just hurting her and it will heal and the problem will go away.

This may just be a minor problem that I am just over worrying about, but when you have a dog with so may serious problems that start off as just small things, it becomes hard to overlook anything unusual that she does.

Overall Condition
Her nose is still very dry most of the time and so are her lips. She does have some soars on her lips but she has had them for some time now and it is not a recent development. She has also spent most of her time sitting around sleeping like she has been since she started having her eye trouble.

That is it for today hopefully tomorrow she will have improved somewhat.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Medications she is on now:
Optimmune- 3 times a day- for eyes
Artificial Tears- 2 times a day- for eyes

I have also been giving her about 1 or 1 1/2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with her food. I figured it softens up her food, which should make it easier for her to eat, and it is also very good for them. I started putting it in her food about 2 days ago. I have given it to her before and it greatly improved the softness of her coat, which is always good, especially for her since her coat is usually not soft at all.

I did clean out her eyes somewhat today but not perfectly like I did yesterday and the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment